Many people consider Donald Trump an embarrassment and a major liability for America. They can’t believe a man of Trump’s calibre has made it this far in the presidential race.
To others Trump is breath of fresh air, someone who is not afraid to speak his mind and say what he thinks they want to hear.
If you fall into the former camp, don’t despair. While an openly racist, misogynistic and torture-loving president might not seem like good news for everyone, there is always a silver-lining.
Below are 5 reasons why Donald Trump is actually the perfect candidate for the Oval Office.
1. His privileged upbringing and billionaire status make Trump an ideal representative of rampant capitalism. Many people believe that the Don is a self-made man, but like so much about him, this is false.
Trump built his own fortune on the back of his father’s wealth which was amassed through government subsidies for low-income housing. Trump started out with a ‘small’ $1 million loan from his father followed by an estimated $40 million inheritance in 1974.
It can’t be denied that Trump’s life has been one of extreme privilege and wealth. With no experience or understanding of the struggles of ordinary people, Trump is the perfect person to preside over an economic system which rewards the speculation and greed of the few at the expense of the many.
2. Trump can rid the nation of the scourge that is political correctness. By having the guts to claim that the vast majority of Mexicans crossing the border are drug-runners, criminal and rapists he’s made it possible for others to stereotype with impunity. This enables disgruntled white people to lose sight of the real source of their problems by blaming the nearest brown person.
Trump’s views on Muslims are just as enlightened, and his solutions to the problem of unwanted foreigners on American soil are sheer genius. Building a wall between the United States and Mexico, and halting the entry of all Muslims into the country, may not be even remotely practical measures, but they sure do appeal to the right people, and that’s what counts in politics today.
3. As if his racist comments and dog-whistle politics weren’t enough to recommend him, Trump’s roots in the race-hatred run even deeper. His father, Fred Trump, was arrested at a Klu Klux Klan rally in Queens in 1927 and he also had a civil rights lawsuit filed against him for refusing to rent his properties to black people.
With much of Europe moving in a rightward direction in its scapegoating of refugees and Muslims, Trump is truly a man for the times. His racist pedigree and enthusiastic use of race baiting throughout his campaign prove that he would be more than comfortable strutting the global stage with other racist world leaders.
4. Trump has no commitment to the truth whatsoever. His ability to not just bend the truth but discard it completely is unparalleled in recent history. What makes this even more astounding is that many people know he’s lying and don’t care. For them it’s part of his charm and they are impervious to actual evidence.
The ability to tell bare-faced lies without flinching is an excellent quality for a president to possess. This skill comes in very handy when invading other nations under false pretences, or talking up the economy when everyone knows it’s a pile of dog shit.
5. The man loves war and is enthusiastic about torture. He’s said as much in interviews: “I’m good at war…I’m really good at war. I love war in a certain way, but only when we win.”
While this may set alarms bells off for lefty pacifist types, especially when combined with his other fascistic qualities, it does make him well suited for the role of president. Trump’s desire to win and his demonstrated refusal to be restrained by any moral and ethical considerations could make for some interesting times ahead!
Donald Trump might not be everyone’s cup of tea it’s true, but his qualifications for the top job are undeniable. Given the chance he could take America to places many had never believed possible.